Do you want to be the co-owner of a camper can?
photos for illustrative purposes only
I’m looking for about 10 people or organisations to join me in being the founder members of a cooperative that will co-own a camper can. We will spread the cost of ownership, operation and maintenance of a second-hand camper van between us. Members will have the right to use the camper van for an agreed number of weeks or weekends per year. Contact me if you’d like to be involved.
I’m looking for people in the Birmingham/Midlands area ideally as that’s where the camper van is likely to be based.
What happens next?
- we get about 10 people or organisations together
- we plan how much it’s going to cost us initially to buy a second-hand camper van plus any equipment, and work out how much each of us needs to invest
- we plan how much it’s going to cost us each year for maintenance, insurance, etc, and work out how much annual subscription each of us needs to pay
- we form a cooperative, of which we will be the founding members, to be run democratically on a one member, one vote basis, in accordance with cooperative values and principles
- we register the cooperative, set up a bank account, agree a set of rules
- decide on the frequency of members’ meetings, and whether they are physical meetings or online
- agree procedures for using, operating and maintaining the camper van
- decide whether non-members can use the camper van and at what cost
- buy a camper van
- then the world is our oyster!
Please contact me if you’d like to be involved.
photo credit – http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User-user3204