Are you responsible for a heritage building? Would you like advice on managing your fuel and water bills?
I have advised a number of heritage buildings including historic places of worship, listed swimming baths, helping them to save energy and water without harming their built environment.
Please contact me for more information.
Some of the things that we need to take into account when saving energy in a heritage building are:
- treating the fabric of the building – walls, roofs, windows, doors – is the best way to stop heat loss but making them more energy efficient risks spoiling their appearance
- heritage buildings may be off the gas network and so they rely on expensive fuels such as electricity and heating oil for warmth
- LED lighting is by far the most efficient but isn’t always suitable
- Interior features such as panelling, coving etc can get in the way of simple measures such as insulating internal walls
- Decorative roof features can be a barrier to installing solar panels or rainwater harvesting
The good news is that there is always something that you can do to save energy and water in your historic building. Please contact me for a FREE initial consultation.